Dream sharing thread

Topics that can go away
Travis B.

Re: Dream sharing thread

Post by Travis B. »

Rounin Ryuuji wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:35 am Given how I wake up sometimes, I think I must be coming off just-forgotten nightmares.

That reminds me — I once had a dream about a satanic restroom in a restaurant where my family sometimes ate when I was a child. It was very odd.
I don't mention the details to that particular nightmare because they are very, well, Not Safe For Lunch.
Ġëbba nuġmy sik'a läka jälåsåmâxûiri mohhomijekene.
Leka ṙotammy sik'a ġëbbäri mohhomijekëlâṙáisä.
Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa.
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

Travis B. wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:05 pm
Rounin Ryuuji wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:35 am Given how I wake up sometimes, I think I must be coming off just-forgotten nightmares.

That reminds me — I once had a dream about a satanic restroom in a restaurant where my family sometimes ate when I was a child. It was very odd.
I don't mention the details to that particular nightmare because they are very, well, Not Safe For Lunch.
There was oddly nothing like that in my dream. The bathroom was simply very demonic-looking, and might've contained some sort of portal to a hell-like place.
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

I finally have something to share here.

I was in what I can only describe as a real-life horror anthology that was kind of like “To Serve Man” except the aliens were more cartoony/generic green with big eyes, and instead of eating me, they wanted to harvest me for my biological material. I sort of died once as a preview or something?

Then, I was with a group of people who were about to be put to death by the aliens. A girl whom I knew from high school was there, and in the last couple of minutes before the harvest, I asked her if she would grant me the experience of a slow dance (since I have done that with a girl exactly once when it wasn’t part of a show). She agreed, and that was how the dream ended: Us dancing together as we waited to fall into unconsciousness and death.
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

Man in Space wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:18 pm I finally have something to share here.

I was in what I can only describe as a real-life horror anthology that was kind of like “To Serve Man” except the aliens were more cartoony/generic green with big eyes, and instead of eating me, they wanted to harvest me for my biological material. I sort of died once as a preview or something?

Then, I was with a group of people who were about to be put to death by the aliens. A girl whom I knew from high school was there, and in the last couple of minutes before the harvest, I asked her if she would grant me the experience of a slow dance (since I have done that with a girl exactly once when it wasn’t part of a show). She agreed, and that was how the dream ended: Us dancing together as we waited to fall into unconsciousness and death.
That is genuinely horrifying. You should write it out into a whole story. It would probably be an enjoyable read.
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

Rounin Ryuuji wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 pmThat is genuinely horrifying. You should write it out into a whole story. It would probably be an enjoyable read.
I should also mention that that's when I woke up. The first thing I did this morning (that I know of) was wake up from this disquieting nightmare.
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

Man in Space wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:40 pm
Rounin Ryuuji wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 pmThat is genuinely horrifying. You should write it out into a whole story. It would probably be an enjoyable read.
I should also mention that that's when I woke up. The first thing I did this morning (that I know of) was wake up from this disquieting nightmare.
Well, yes, I expect the end of the dream would be the end of the story, unless your imagination could draw it on further.
MacAnDàil

Post by MacAnDàil »

I had a Choose Your Own Adventure dream yesterday morning. I ended up in a future with a drowned planet and went back to the start of the adventure and got several other catastrophic results which I do not specificall remember any more.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed that I had to take my school graduation final exams. Come on, brain, it's been more than 20 years!
alice

Post by alice »

Myself and a bunch of other people went on a bus to a stay somewhere for undefined educational purposes. It turned out to be Croatia, where I impressed a bunch of nice Croatian girls by being able to count up to five. Apparently for six and upwards you have to say the sixth was stolen from somewhere, or something.
I can no longer come up with decent signatures.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

A ZBB related dream; I dreamed I realized something that belonged in the Tiffany problems thread. Of course, I don't remember what it was or in fact anything else about that dream.
MacAnDàil

Post by MacAnDàil »

I dreamed I got attacked by paedophiles. I'm thirty-three.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed that I read a story that somehow combined extremely conservative Catholic theological positions with a serious concern for the environment. (No, it was not written by Tolkien.)
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

I had a dream involving what looked like wasps except they had pincers on their rear ends where normal wasps would have stingers...
Ġëbba nuġmy sik'a läka jälåsåmâxûiri mohhomijekene.
Leka ṙotammy sik'a ġëbbäri mohhomijekëlâṙáisä.
Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Travis B. wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:23 pm I had a dream involving what looked like wasps except they had pincers on their rear ends where normal wasps would have stingers...
Neat conworlding idea!
Rounin Ryuuji

Post by Rounin Ryuuji »

Reminds me of how a friend of mine who hadn't seen them before called earwigs "scorpion roaches".
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

More dreams about school and university. How far in the past do these times have to be for my brain to stop being obsessed with them?
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Now I had a kinda weird dream during which, at one point, I was driving in the passenger seat of a car that had two outer frames arranged like layers, including two sets of doors arranged like layers.
alice

Post by alice »

I had a dream last night with some linguistic interest! After divers peculiar events I ended up somewhere where an East Asian gentleman was feeling my neck to make deductions about my accent from the way my speech muscles moved, or something. He got me to say "jingle" and "jingles" over and over - apparently one of them was supposed to be longer than the other - then declared that both final syllables were "1.2 seconds", which "demonstrates private enterprise". I thought he meant "private education" and pointed to my father as an archetypal example.
I can no longer come up with decent signatures.
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

Well, migraines are good for generating interesting dreams if nothing else.

I was part of a team going through a bunch of documentary records for a cemetery. For some reason we had to do a bunch of research on the dead guys. I volunteered to take one for the team and go through all the dead salesmen’s documents, of which there were way too many.

This dream was a musical.

🎵 “IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am the maaaaaaaaan who goes through all the saaaaaaaaaaaaales recooooooooooooooooords” 🎵
Kuchigakatai

Post by Kuchigakatai »

I have a recurrent dream where I walk into a mall, and it's flooded. The water is almost at my knees' level, but it keeps flowing so it's not difficult to walk in one direction. I go along with it, and at some point I find some stairs going down, and I walk down the stairs in spite of all the water flowing.

A little after, I see an exit into a small field of dirt (no grass), and on the other side there's a large brown horizontal tent. When I enter, there's many people inside, and a woman on a small platform is giving the rest a quick rundown of the competition that's about to take place. On the other side of the tent, there's a river and simple rafts, and we're going to get on them and compete for who can finish the river track first.

After the woman finishes talking, we exit the tent from the other side and start getting into the rafts. This is where my recurrent dreams diverge.

More often than not, I can't stand on my team's raft. The raft has linear pieces with small 1-2 millimeter gaps in between every 30 cm or so, and somehow I keep falling inside the tiny gap into the river. I get my hands on the border of the raft, and keep getting up, only to fall in between a tiny gap again. This keeps going on until I wake up.

Sometimes, this doesn't happen, and my team tries to start going, but there's no wind so the raft doesn't move.

Sometimes, there is wind, but it's not enough and we're going very slowly on the river, while our competitors are somehow moving faster. We don't get to the finish line before I wake up.

One time, it occurred to me to try to use magic. I stood near the front of the raft, and moved my arms from the back to the front as if to conjure extra wind behind us. It works, and we move so fast we get to the finish line before anyone else. We get off, and my team and a lot of people on the side of the river waiting come together to celebrate making noise.

One time, the last time I had this dream about two years ago, there was enough wind and we were moving at a nice pace, but I got frustrated we would not overpass even the team in front of us, so I decided to use magic. Destructively. I put my hands on the floor of the raft, and tried to focus on the deep earth beneath the river, trying to conjure a power to rise from the depths. In a matter of seconds, lava suddenly erupts right in front of us, rising several metres and destroying the team in front of us and this part of the river itself, sending us flying backwards too in the explosion. I wake up.

It looks like I haven't been invited to the competition since.
Last edited by Kuchigakatai on Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.