Dream sharing thread

Topics that can go away
alice

Re: Dream sharing thread

Post by alice »

WeepingElf wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:08 am I also have such dreams. I am often back in school, but then I have problems I did not really have back then: can't remember the schedule, can't find the rooms, running out of paper for taking notes, etc.
This is weird. I often get dreams of being back in school too, except that I'm forever missing classes and clearly on course to fail every exam. Then I realise that I have a degree and don't need to pass any more exams after all.
I can no longer come up with decent signatures.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

alice wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:52 pm
WeepingElf wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:08 am I also have such dreams. I am often back in school, but then I have problems I did not really have back then: can't remember the schedule, can't find the rooms, running out of paper for taking notes, etc.
This is weird. I often get dreams of being back in school too, except that I'm forever missing classes and clearly on course to fail every exam. Then I realise that I have a degree and don't need to pass any more exams after all.
I used to be afraid that I did not actually graduate college for some reason (I couldn't find where I put my diploma), but that ended when I managed to download from my university a document that officially stated I graduated and on which date.
Ġëbba nuġmy sik'a läka jälåsåmâxûiri mohhomijekene.
Leka ṙotammy sik'a ġëbbäri mohhomijekëlâṙáisä.
Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa.
WeepingElf

Post by WeepingElf »

Yes. Often happens to me in those school dreams, too.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

In my case, it’s high school calculus class and I’ve not done any of the homework all year. I am also a senior in those dreams and it’s the one class that will keep me from graduating.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

And now I had some kind of weird dream about knitting. It was in some kind of dormitory, there were a number of us, we were sitting on our beds and knitting stuff. There might have been more to it, but I'm not that good at remembering my dreams.
alice

Post by alice »

Something else I get in dreams a lot is being in a large house with lots of bedrooms and geometry-defying "secret passages" (usually door-sized pieces of heavy paper you have to walk through) between rooms.
I can no longer come up with decent signatures.
WarpedWartWars

Post by WarpedWartWars »

A while back, (like more than 7 years ago) I had a dream where I was in a pyramid with my grandmother, and she pressed a button to close all the doors. We then had to race out, and we managed to slip under the last door as it was closing. We then started running on the road the pyramid was on (literally), running over the pyramids. She was faster than me, though, so I couldn't keep up with her. Also, there was a fence along the side of the road. Eventually, I got my sneaker stuck in the mud under the fence to my left, and was calling out to her "Help!" but she was too far ahead and couldn't hear me.
tɑ tɑ tɑ tɑ θiθɾ eɾloθ tɑ moew θerts olɑrk siθe
of of of of death abyss of moew kingdom sand witch-PLURAL
The witches of the desert of the kingdom of Moew of the Abyss of Death

tɑ toɾose koɾot tsɑx
of apple-PLURAL magic cold
cold magic of apples
rotting bones

Post by rotting bones »

I watched some Bengali comedies on Hoichoi late at night. Afterwards, I dreamed that through a series of wacky misadventures, I had accidentally stolen a car from a billionaire. The billionaire had been about to scrap the car, but when he learned of the theft, he tried to prosecute whoever was responsible to the full extent of the law. I deployed a number of clever strategems to prevent him from finding out that it had been me, all of which backfired in comic ways. For example, a witness had been willing to lie for me. I instructed him to lie in such ingeniously confusing ways that he broke down and told the truth. In the end, my mother stepped in and "manipulated" the witness into affirming the lie I needed from him. Even though everything she did seemed very transparent to me, it all worked out, and I secretly scrapped the car.
WarpedWartWars

Post by WarpedWartWars »

I had a nightmare that went like this:

I was standing where the edge of my bed is, except I don't think there was a bed, looking towards the kitchen. There was a window above a sink in that direction, and, closer to me, a crowd, people partying. The house was a lot wider than my actual house. The window was smaller than my actual window there, and it was split by a vertical line, rather than a horizontal one. It was the sliding kind, but the whole window could slide open, from left to right, from my point of view. I was holding a teaspoon. It was the middle of the night.

A soldier walked by, probably drunk. Then a jester opened a door.

Then, suddenly, I saw something outside the window. It started to open the the window. I tried to get the people to notice, but it didn't work. I then threw the spoon I was holding to the sink. It probably landed behind the sink. But it had the intended effect.

I don't know what they did, because the window was already fully opened, and I could see what had opened it. It was pitch black with grey or white embellishments (the kind that you put on text) and it had a duck's beak. But the beak was about nine inches long. It was also very big, only just able to fit through the window. But otherwise, it was very much like a human.

As soon as I saw it, I ran to the bathroom and tried to lock the door, but I couldn't before the thing's hand pushed it open. When it was partially open, I yelled "Kepsa". When it was fully open, I went back out into the hallway and, with my face twisted, probably in anger, I yelled again. "Keeepsaaa!!!".

And with that, I woke up.

"Kepsa" is [ˈkʰɛpsʌ], "Keeepsaaa" is [ˈkʰɛːːpsʌːː], which is how they'd be pronounced if they were English words.

tɑ toɾose koɾot tsɑx
cold magic of apples
WarpedWartWars

Post by WarpedWartWars »

Any ideas on what I meant (in the dream) by "Kepsa"?

tɑ toɾose koɾot tsɑx
cold magic of apples
Ryusenshi

Post by Ryusenshi »

I was attending some sort of conference whose speaker was... Vladimir Putin. The attendance was quite young, mostly students apparently. People were asking questions, and Putin answered them - sometimes evasively. Some questions were in English, some in French: Putin seemed to speak French quite fluently. [The real-life Putin speaks fluent English and German, but probably not French.] A student started to talk about his life before asking an actual question, which I found deeply embarrassing.

At some point the audience started to clap... a bit too loudly to be honest.
Putin: says something
Audience: cheering and clapping
Putin: "You guys are going to clap no matter what I say, aren't you?"
Audience: even louder cheering and clapping
This turned into a standing ovation. Everyone was standing up. Putin stepped down from the stage and started to walk through the room. Suddenly he said, loudly yet calmly: "ALL OF YOU SIT DOWN".
The cheering stopped. Dead silence. But nobody sat down.
Putin: "Oh, so you want to play games..."

He went back to the platform and started talking to his staff. My mind started racing: he'd rather kill us all than back down. Gunning down an entire group of foreign citizens for the terrible crime of not sitting down would be way over the line, even for a dictator. But maybe Putin is that far gone.

Putin's guys, including a general, apparently, went through the ranks and asked people to sit down. Some did. Many didn't.
General: "You don't want to sit down?"
Me: "No, I don't want to sit down."

Eventually Putin gave an order. Two fully-armed soldiers came into the room. Putin introduced them, saying that they didn't want to be here, but they still would obey whatever order he would give. I was in agony. Do I want to risk death for something as trivial as standing up? Am I ready to give my life just to take a stand - litterally? Even if I should, will I have the courage?

The buzz of my alarm clock came as a welcome relief. But my questions still linger.
rotting bones

Post by rotting bones »

My dreams, when I get them, are still depressing. My mother, brother and I visited a carnival where you had to enter from one end, get on the rides in a linear sequence, and exit out the other. My mother didn't want to get on one of the rides. She forced herself to do it while I looked away for a few minutes, and by the time I looked back, she had died. The whole experience was eerily tranquil.
WarpedWartWars

Post by WarpedWartWars »

Four or five days ago, I saw a Youtube channel named "Explore Lucid Dreaming". (I didn't watch any of the videos.) The following night, I had three lucid dreams in a row. Is there a name for that kind of effect?

tɑ toɾose koɾot tsɑx
cold magic of apples
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

One of my dreams last night involved wasps crawling around near or on my eyes and me not knowing how to handle that. Brrr.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Now I dreamed that I was reading a nice book bound in leather, and then I woke up and was disappointed that the book didn't exist in the real world so I couldn't go on reading it.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

A couple days ago I had a slightly disturbing dream in which it was unknown what nutmeg was, and specifically whether it was plant or animal, and if it was animal how it came from an animal...
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

I had an extended dream with multiple subdreams in which I wondered whether "schreit" was the indicative present 3rd person singular of schreiben in addition to schreien, including at one point I thought I had woken up... until I finally really woke up so I had working Internet (you can't really google things while you're dreaming, as much as it may seem like you can) so I could look it up and lo and behold schreibt is the indicative present 3rd person singular of schreiben as should have been obvious all along.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed last night that I had somehow done something - I'm not so sure any longer what it was - at my old school every year, or perhaps every day, since I graduated there, which was, now, 20 years ago.
azhong

Post by azhong »

Raphael wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:53 pm I dreamed last night that I had somehow done something - I'm not so sure any longer what it was - at my old school every year, or perhaps every day, since I graduated there, which was, now, 20 years ago.
How do you feel about this dream? Any specific feelings?

And why do you have such a feeling? What's the thought beyond your feeling?

Does this dream, the feeling or the thought beyond the feeling associate you with anything?

Through the answers, can you understand better about yourself?

(I don't really want you to reply such private things. I'm just sharing a method to dialogue with our own dreams.)

And thank you for sharing your dreams.

Recently I've repeadedly dreamed I live in a very, very big house, so big that it becomes out of my ability to guard, and there are sometimes neighbors or strangers enter through here or there without my allowance permission. It's natually not a good feeling. :(
Last edited by azhong on Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pls help delete my account if I haven't logged in for more than half a year. Thank you.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Wow, those are really deep and difficult questions. Problem is, to really answer them, I would have to still remember that dream fairly well, and I'm generally pretty bad at remembering my dreams. I usually remember just barely what they were about immediately after I wake up, and then I can take a few mental or physical notes about them, and then I forget everything that's not in those notes.

Oh, and "allowance" is the small amount of money that children and teenagers in many Western countries traditionally get from their parents for minor purchases of their own. What you're thinking of is that people enter the house without you allowing them to do so.