Dream sharing thread

Topics that can go away
Raphael

Re: Dream sharing thread

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed that I had an argument with a late former teacher of mine about Margaret Thatcher. I was against her, he was for her. I woke up before either of us had time to present his best arguments.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Had a very long, vivid, and personal dream that I don't want to talk about.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed that a long-lost former Board regular - I don't remember whether it was a real former Board regular or someone my subconsciousness made up - returned to the ZBB after a long absence, instantly started trolling people, and got told off by zompist.
aliensdrinktea

Post by aliensdrinktea »

I dreamt I was reading some Star Wars fanfic that was one of the most gripping, emotionally powerful stories I'd ever read. Unfortunately, I remember almost nothing of it now, except:

1) Billie Eilish was Han and Leia's daughter
2) Someone died, I think
3) I woke up with a profound sense of "tf nonsense did I just read?"
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Now I've had a dream that was a weird mix of old school memories and old tv shows.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Dreamed I was staying in a hotel room in (fictional) Derry, Maine.

(And that was one nasty nightmare!)
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I don't remember much of last night's dreams, but I do remember that during the dreams, I had a song stuck in my head which, for some reason, kept being stuck in my head for a while after I woke up.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed of a zombie apocalypse, in the midst of which politicians went on with the usual business of holding elections, getting elected, and so on.
WeepingElf

Post by WeepingElf »

A few minutes ago, the radio played Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "The Power of Love", which reminded me of an old dream I had about it in my teenage years, which featured the "original version" by King Crimson - not very different, but with Mellotron and Greg Lake's voice.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I had a weird dream which, in a way, involved watching Almean history developing - but somehow, for some reason, Verduria and Flora were in the southeast of Eastern Erelae, roughly where the Jippirasti states are, instead of where they actually are.
WarpedWartWars

Post by WarpedWartWars »

Recently, I had a dream where I had posted on the old board about a year ago and I was just now re-visiting it and I saw my old posts. (The rest of the dream wasn't at all related to this part.)

(I never actually posted on the old board; by the time I even knew it existed, it was long archived.)
tɑ tɑ tɑ tɑ θiθɾ eɾloθ tɑ moew θerts olɑrk siθe
of of of of death abyss of moew kingdom sand witch-PLURAL
The witches of the desert of the kingdom of Moew of the Abyss of Death

tɑ toɾose koɾot tsɑx
of apple-PLURAL magic cold
cold magic of apples
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

(Possibly related to the British Politics Cake.)

I dreamed I went out for drinks with Boris Johnson. Dream-Boris is a nice enough fellow, but he can drink you under the table.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ares Land wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:16 am (Possibly related to the British Politics Cake.)
Now I wonder if there's a French word meaning both "cake" and "internet forum thread".
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Absolutely not! I must have been hungry :)
(I meant, of course, the British Politics Thread)
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed I was playing various computer games that don't actually exist in the real world. Then I woke up and got frustrated that I couldn't go back to playing those games.
zompist
Site Admin

Post by zompist »

I had a dream that was vivid enough to remember. I was doing menial work for some guy; it was my last day. He had a huge back room, like a warehouse, where I was keeping my old books and comics. I went to the room that led to this space, ordinarily empty, and there were three cashiers there. I had to convince one of them to open the door and let me in. We wandered around the warehouse, where workers were busy turning it into a restaurant. We found my comics, but they were already starting to remove them.

I woke up still mad at the guy... who doesn't exist; it wasn't someone I knew.

Dreams are weird. I've had ones based on real college or work anxieties, but I don't even have comics in storage, except for two boxes upstairs.
linguistcat

Post by linguistcat »

Not any specific dreams but I've been having a lot of dreams about being chased by weird things through maze like buildings. One had eyeball monsters, another had dinosaurs, a few had ways to teleport to different areas. Wonder what this means? Guess I am feeling a bit run-ragged :?
A cat and a linguist.
WarpedWartWars

Post by WarpedWartWars »

WarpedWartWars wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 am Recently, I had a dream where I had posted on the old board about a year ago and I was just now re-visiting it and I saw my old posts. (The rest of the dream wasn't at all related to this part.)

(I never actually posted on the old board; by the time I even knew it existed, it was long archived.)
I forgot something here: in the dream, it wasn't "incatena.org", but rather "incatenca.org".
tɑ tɑ tɑ tɑ θiθɾ eɾloθ tɑ moew θerts olɑrk siθe
of of of of death abyss of moew kingdom sand witch-PLURAL
The witches of the desert of the kingdom of Moew of the Abyss of Death

tɑ toɾose koɾot tsɑx
of apple-PLURAL magic cold
cold magic of apples
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I dreamed I was cycling to school. Why do I still have dreams about my old school nearly 20 years after graduating from it?
WeepingElf

Post by WeepingElf »

I also have such dreams. I am often back in school, but then I have problems I did not really have back then: can't remember the schedule, can't find the rooms, running out of paper for taking notes, etc. I also often dream of being with my parents, and their farm is still in operation, with livestock in the stables etc. (In reality, they closed it 20 years ago.)
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages