Ancient West Africa and Bantu Conlang 5 6 2020: Quick Grammar, Texts with Grammar Notes, Etc

Conworlds and conlangs
KathTheDragon

Re: Ancient West Africa and Bantu Conlang 5 6 2020: Quick Grammar, Texts with Grammar Notes, Etc

Post by KathTheDragon »

bradrn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:20 pm
You're a fraud.
I’m not sure that’s fair at all. There are a lot of adjectives you could use to describe Bob, but ‘fraud’ isn’t one of them
That's because "fraud" is a noun :P
Vardelm

Re: Ancient West Africa and Bantu Conlang 5 6 2020: Quick Grammar, Texts with Grammar Notes, Etc

Post by Vardelm »

Edited for reasons.
Last edited by Vardelm on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vardelm's Scratchpad Table of Contents (Dwarven, Devani, Jin, & Yokai)
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

KathTheDragon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:25 pm
bradrn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:20 pm
You're a fraud.
I’m not sure that’s fair at all. There are a lot of adjectives you could use to describe Bob, but ‘fraud’ isn’t one of them
That's because "fraud" is a noun :P
Oops, edited. It’s a bit worrying that I’ve just finished reading an entire book on the typology of adjectives, yet still made that mistake! (Although possibly the book didn’t help — it went into great detail about all the ways adjectives can act like nouns. Technically, it’s not actually totally incorrect to consider English adjectives as a subclass of nouns.)
Vardelm wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:28 pm
bradrn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:20 pm That is indeed a puzzling question. I’m beginning to (reluctantly) come around to the view that he just wants praise and is not here for any other purpose.
Edited for reasons.
Emphasis is on ‘beginning to’ and ‘reluctantly’ — I am very, very hesitant to judge Bob (or most people, really) in such a negative way, although I must (again, reluctantly) admit that Bob hasn’t really done anything to to disconfirm this conclusion.
Last edited by bradrn on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Update on work on Okrand Atlantean and my Ancient Africa Conlang translations:

I have finished draft translations of everything now.

I asked Zompist and he thought I should only post my translations on one thread. So I'll be posting them on this one. Except this final post.

Here's the other thread, on the Ancient Africa Conlang, giving grammar information twice.
https://www.verduria.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=645

Then here's the thread on Atlantean where I'll also put the Africa conlang translations:

Atlantean Language by the Creator of the Klingon Language: Grammars, Dictionaries, New Translations, and Conlangs by Me
https://www.verduria.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=651

What remains to be done:
- Revise all Okrand Atlantean for consistency, maybe do a quicker version for the Ancient Africa Conlang.
- Photograph all notes and get them online.
- Maybe finish typing up basic presentations of the translations.
- Maybe interlinear gloss one page for each that shows what I've done.
- Maybe get back to the extensive Pakuni translations and such that I was working on.