Verdurian Creoles

Almea and the Incatena
vegfarandi

Verdurian Creoles

Post by vegfarandi »

I was reading Haspelmath's latest about Creolization and it made wonder about concreoles. I read up on your Hanying creole, but I'm curious if you've given any thought to Verdurian-based creoles?
Duriac Threadhe/him
bradrn

Re: Verdurian Creoles

Post by bradrn »

vegfarandi wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:50 pm I was reading Haspelmath's latest about Creolization and it made wonder about concreoles. I read up on your Hanying creole, but I'm curious if you've given any thought to Verdurian-based creoles?
Zompist has said in the ALC:
zompist wrote: E.g. in my conworld Almea the great navigators of southern Ereláe were the Jei, and undoubtedly Jei-based pidgins sprang up. These might have been relexified under the influence of later peoples— Gurdagor, Xurnese, Skourenes, Tžuro. In the north the first traders were Meťaiun, and Meťaiun-based pidgins would have been relexified by the Verdurians and Kebreni.
But that was 8 years ago, and I don’t know if he’s still interested in this idea.
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
zompist
Site Admin

Post by zompist »

Besides the marine creoles mentioned, new creoles have developed in areas of Verdurian colonization, such as Téllinor and Karímia.

(I haven't worked any of them out, so there isn't much more to say. A new project may provide some new opportunities though...)
Owain

Post by Owain »

Well that certainly sounds interesting.....
So Haleza Grise

Post by So Haleza Grise »

Interesting! I notice there is a Verdurian word for " the pidgin of Karimia"