The New ZBB Quote Thread

Topics that can go away
alice

The New ZBB Quote Thread

Post by alice »

Because we'll need one sooner or later. So...
alice wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:59 pm Because we'll need one sooner or later. So...
alice wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:59 pm Because we'll need one sooner or later. So...
alice wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:59 pm Stack space exceeded. Please restart your system.
I can no longer come up with decent signatures.
mèþru

Re: The New ZBB Quote Thread

Post by mèþru »

From the dream thread:
Risla wrote:I dreamed that I was one of twenty-ish test riders for Noam Chomsky's new invention, the air railroad. An air railroad is a railroad where the rails are not placed on ties on the ground, but rather suspended in the air. At one point, the rails twisted for some reason, and it distorted reality within the rail car.

At one point, I approached Chomsky, who was standing by the train door quietly and also looked a lot like a LotR dwarf, told him that I respect his work in linguistics even though I strongly disagree with many points, and then I gave him a very awkward hug.
Weirdest dream I've ever heard of, and I've read quite a lot
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
Risla

Post by Risla »

mèþru wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:41 am From the dream thread:
Risla wrote:I dreamed that I was one of twenty-ish test riders for Noam Chomsky's new invention, the air railroad. An air railroad is a railroad where the rails are not placed on ties on the ground, but rather suspended in the air. At one point, the rails twisted for some reason, and it distorted reality within the rail car.

At one point, I approached Chomsky, who was standing by the train door quietly and also looked a lot like a LotR dwarf, told him that I respect his work in linguistics even though I strongly disagree with many points, and then I gave him a very awkward hug.
Weirdest dream I've ever heard of, and I've read quite a lot
Man, you must not have read many of mine, because this level of weirdness is bog-standard for my dreams. Risleep is a weird place.

If you want a REALLY weird one, I once had a dream where I was an office worker doing boring office tasks (photocopying documents, etc) in a high-rise building constructed entirely out of living human tongues that licked you as you walked around. My favorite part is when I looked out the window and saw across the street another building made of lips.
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

No that's more standard fare to me. We obviously have very different standards
ìtsanso, God In The Mountain, may our names inspire the deepest feelings of fear in urkos and all his ilk, for we have saved another man from his lies! I welcome back to the feast hall kal, who will never gamble again! May the eleven gods bless him!
kårroť
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

It's mainly weird because you had a conversation with dwarf!Noam Chomsky and hugged him.
kårroť
Risla

Post by Risla »

Huh!

Well, here's another one:

I was once a professional product tester for this new item called Tornado Pants. Tornado Pants are tight black pants which, when two people wearing them come in close proximity to each other, should theoretically produce a tornado. The problem was that they didn't work very well, so I spent the entire dream doing things like posing people in weird positions and putting them on people with particularly muscular thighs, while the pants just produced straight-line winds or sometimes weak swirling.
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Move this to the dream thread and see my latest entry if you feel like you can bare something very squicky. :twisted:
kårroť
Linguoboy

Post by Linguoboy »

Salmoneus wrote:Jeremy Hunt - another homeopath. Manners of a drunk serpent and survival ability of a cockroach. Has no friends and is rubbish at everything, but apparently might be Prime Minister now because he has a name people recognise and he's somehow not managed to get sacked. He's not a frontrunner, but he'll be in the race if the people ahead of him cock up.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

alynnidalar wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:33 am (not that I'm much of a WSJ reader. We always have a copy in the breakroom at work, so I skim the headlines when waiting for my friends to finish making their elaborate pourover coffee. The Mansion section is the best bit because rich people spend their money in incredibly stupid ways; I enjoy reading extracts aloud to my friends, who have threatened to stop being my friends if I keep reading from it, but it's too good to stop.)
Qwynegold

Post by Qwynegold »

mèþru wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:04 am Holy shit that's such a huge wall of text that Trump wants to contract you for the border wall.
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

Raholeun wrote:Genuinly curious; what's the fun posting only an inventory? Why not go the extra mile and flesh out a proper phonology?
2+3 Clusivity wrote:I hate fun; therefore, I post only inventories.
kårroť
Linguoboy

Post by Linguoboy »

Salmoneus wrote:What does that mean? Well, if the Prime Minister and/or the Attorney General is found in contempt, they could be suspended from Parliament (not unheard of), expelled from Parliament (very rare) or even imprisoned in the clock tower and forced to listen to the chimes of big ben until they have gone mad, or until parliament feels like letting them out (theoretically and historically, but no longer implemented in practice).
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

zompist wrote:Now, amazingly and for reasons economists can only deplore, people really really hate to see their wages drastically cut.
Frislander

Post by Frislander »

Salmoneus wrote:All this demonstrates is that she is colossally stupid, uninterested and unaware of politics to a level that would astonish a well-informed rhesus monkey, and entirely ignorant of her supposed area of responsibility. But, to be fair to her, if these things were considered disqualificatory in British politics, we'd have to dispose of four-fifths of parliament.
Whimemsz

Post by Whimemsz »

Hallow XIII wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:29 pm the proper amount of cross-linguistic knowledge to have is when you look at standard average european and go "what the fuck"
bbbosborne

Post by bbbosborne »

Birdlang wrote: ʁʷˤˡˠˣʰʱʲ
this is from the old zbboard idk how post, time, and user id's work so i just took a quote from another post and used the bbcode as a template
when the hell did that happen
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

alice wrote:Don't forget the typically Scottish variety of British cuisine; by law it typically contains enough cholestorol to kill the average Sassenach within hours.
Scotland the Brave, fellas
kårroť
Vijay

Post by Vijay »

Acid Badger wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:59 pm Fui mongen aavas javun to' lielali ñankai kafu.
COP=1SG need sleep but=SS PFV drink-PST excess coffee
I need to sleep but I had too much coffee.

Monia'i olielas. Malavun kaa ka'isto kafu.
still=1SG without-sleep | go=SS make more coffee
I'm still awake. I'm gonna make more coffee.

Aso'a nokon kulossut.
be.shit-& 1POSS gloss-PL
My glosses suck too.

djfzkghjo8t7
djfzkghjo8t7
[head smashes into keyboard]
anxi

Post by anxi »

Linguoboy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:17 pm
Regarding the special place in hell line, a representative for the British prime minister told reporters, “I think it is a question for Donald Tusk as to whether he considers the use of that kind of language to be helpful.”
I think the British prime minister has mistaken Donald Tusk for someone who actually gives a fuck.
[she/her, they/them]
formerly “Pole, the
mèþru

Post by mèþru »

chris_notts wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:42 pm
Raphael wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 pm Meanwhile, repeating something I posted elsewhere earlier: The attitude of the British Parliament towards Brexit reminds me of the phases during my depression when there was nothing I felt like doing, but I didn't feel like doing nothing, either.
Do you think a bit of parliamentary CBT might help matters? Or perhaps a straight-jacket and a padded cell in a few specific cases.
kårroť