Austronesian sound changes

Post by SquiDark »

Title.

Let's go down to the rabbit hole.
SquiDark

Re: Austronesian sound changes

Post by SquiDark »

Ok I made this thread just so that I can ask:
Does anyone have access to "Studies in Austronesian Linguistics" (1988), edited by Richard McGinn? Specifically, the chapter "The PAN Consonant System" by John U. Wolff.
Raholeun

Post by Raholeun »

Unfortunately that one I do not have a copy of. It does not seem to be on Libgen either unfortunately. Wolff revisits the Proto-Austronesian consonant system in a paper called Some Proto Austronesian coronals reexamined that you can find in here.

I did manage to get hands on hardcopy versions of his Proto-Austronesian Phonology with Glossary, volumes 1 and 2. The information in those is relevant and compelling. I'm sure you can get them online ;)
SquiDark

Post by SquiDark »

Raholeun wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:30 pm Unfortunately that one I do not have a copy of. It does not seem to be on Libgen either unfortunately. Wolff revisits the Proto-Austronesian consonant system in a paper called Some Proto Austronesian coronals reexamined that you can find in here.

I did manage to get hands on hardcopy versions of his Proto-Austronesian Phonology with Glossary, volumes 1 and 2. The information in those is relevant and compelling. I'm sure you can get them online ;)
Thanks! I was trying to find the *L that is not present in Blust's (2009) reconstruction, and I got my answer now.