Expanding Upon An Idea: Nerdy Tabletop RPGs

Conworlds and conlangs
KadenVanciel

Expanding Upon An Idea: Nerdy Tabletop RPGs

Post by KadenVanciel »

There is a fanfic by Alex P. Veres(SilverPaladin1985 on DeviantArt, APV1985 on Fandom, and Alexpv22 on Fanfiction.net) known as Dungeons, Dragons, and Dames. It was originally separate from the Gal Pals continuity he created until my involvement with his life and fanfics somehow led to incorporation into the story. I remember the original dialogue from the first chapter: Lucy pointing out that she doesn't remember Huggins giving Lincoln or any other student(s) assignments to do over the summer. Later versions from the incorporation, thanks to me if I recall correctly, involve LJ being the one to point it out, and Ramirez being the principal. Whatever the case, it's a homage to an episode of The Fairly OddParents with Tom Sawyer in it. And I would rather want nothing to do with that series these days, for several reasons.

Maybe there could be a crossover RP dedicated to and inspired somewhat by DD&D, about a campaign regarding Dungeons & Dragons. I'm thinking like the other RP ideas(LH/CG characters, those four alt sisters from "Future Sisters at the Loud House" by Roy "TheAmazingPeanuts" Roddy on DeviantArt, modern animated Disney characters, (maybe) the Mako trio by Wrecker, (maybe) the Kraekkarians, (maybe) the AoS(Shadows of Love, Blood Brothers, and Power of Water), various OCs, my TTS characters, etc.) (though I'm choosing to keep several animated shows like Seth MacFarlane's shows, those by Butch Hartman, those by Matt Groening, and so forth off the list).

For the RPG game, it could be D&D, or it could be something similar. Biblaridion was working on a world for a tabletop RPG before deciding on a unifying storyline. He distracted himself from that story with the worldbuilding, which he would later distract himself from with the conlanging, creating Thandian. I'll flesh them out some other time for those unfamiliar.

I'm thinking of adding conlangs into whatever conworld those characters' campaign could take place, to add realism, despite the existing fantasy elements. Compared to the usage of Olde English(and/or other ancient dialects of the language), Elvish, Dwarvish, and other fantasy languages from Tolkien's legendarium and other worldbuilding projects that are similar to D&D, (and maybe Latin and/or Celtic languages), even in Alex's fanfic, I'm thinking of creating a few protolangs from scratch, then evolving them into families, and creating scripts the speakers would've devised themselves. I have some ideas.

1. A protolang mixing Proto-Indo-European with Proto-Taqva-miir.
2. An idea that would mix Proto-Thirean with Proto-Sino-Tibetan(whichever reconstruction would most suffice).
3. A mix of Basque with Ilothwii.
4. A protolang that mixes Proto-Oqolaawak with either Proto-Kra-Dai or Proto-Hmong-Mien.
5. A mix of Proto-Japonic with the ancestor of another naturalistic conlang, or a slightly modified version of Proto-Japonic.
6. Something with only three vowels: a, i, u (Perhaps a mix of something(maybe Ts'ap'u-K'ama) with Proto-Semitic or Proto-Afroasiatic.)

I still need to do a lot of planning, like a map, though I could mix a map of what the Europeans thought of the world looking like during the time of Old English with a map of the Refugium, overlap territorial outlines, and then expand from there. It needs to be a typical world map most suitable for tabletop RPGs. Maybe then I could figure out which areas for the speakers of each protolang to inhabit before spreading out. As of now, this idea is still a work in progress.
keenir

Re: Expanding Upon An Idea: Nerdy Tabletop RPGs

Post by keenir »

KadenVanciel wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:22 pm 1. A protolang mixing Proto-Indo-European with Proto-Taqva-miir.
2. An idea that would mix Proto-Thirean with Proto-Sino-Tibetan(whichever reconstruction would most suffice).
3. A mix of Basque with Ilothwii.
4. A protolang that mixes Proto-Oqolaawak with either Proto-Kra-Dai or Proto-Hmong-Mien.
5. A mix of Proto-Japonic with the ancestor of another naturalistic conlang, or a slightly modified version of Proto-Japonic.
6. Something with only three vowels: a, i, u (Perhaps a mix of something(maybe Ts'ap'u-K'ama) with Proto-Semitic or Proto-Afroasiatic.)

I still need to do a lot of planning, like a map, though I could mix a map of what the Europeans thought of the world looking like during the time of Old English with a map of the Refugium, overlap territorial outlines, and then expand from there. It needs to be a typical world map most suitable for tabletop RPGs. Maybe then I could figure out which areas for the speakers of each protolang to inhabit before spreading out. As of now, this idea is still a work in progress.
You should speak with the creators of those conlangs first, before doing any of that.