Happy things thread!

Topics that can go away
Man in Space

Re: Happy things thread!

Post by Man in Space »

Band practice today went fantastic. My collaborator paid me a huge compliment: One of our WIPs ends with a vamped passage for the outro (for the recording it’s supposed to fade out) and I decided to go a little nuts with the ride cymbal, snare, and toms. When we ended it, he had a grin and told me that he really loved what I was doing but he had to fight the urge to smile because doing so would make his earbuds fall out.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Nice to see something good happening to you once in a while!
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

Nice!
Ġëbba nuġmy sik'a läka jälåsåmâxûiri mohhomijekene.
Leka ṙotammy sik'a ġëbbäri mohhomijekëlâṙáisä.
Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Man in Space wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:48 pm Band practice today went fantastic. My collaborator paid me a huge compliment: One of our WIPs ends with a vamped passage for the outro (for the recording it’s supposed to fade out) and I decided to go a little nuts with the ride cymbal, snare, and toms. When we ended it, he had a grin and told me that he really loved what I was doing but he had to fight the urge to smile because doing so would make his earbuds fall out.
And I'm really happy to hear that!
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

Took a few hours but I alphabetized my record collection this afternoon.
Travis B.

Post by Travis B. »

I have written a guide to zeptoscript over the last few days or so and also implemented classes for non-"object" types to enable the implementation of words such as show ( value -- string ), for converting any value into a human-readable string; hash ( value -- hash ), for turning any value into a hash; and equal? ( value1 value0 -- equal? ), for testing the equality of any pair of values.
Ġëbba nuġmy sik'a läka jälåsåmâxûiri mohhomijekene.
Leka ṙotammy sik'a ġëbbäri mohhomijekëlâṙáisä.
Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa. Q'omysa.
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

I’m on the way back to my college town for the Norman Music Festival.
Ares Land

Post by Ares Land »

Travis B. wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:49 am I have written a guide to zeptoscript over the last few days or so and also implemented classes for non-"object" types to enable the implementation of words such as show ( value -- string ), for converting any value into a human-readable string; hash ( value -- hash ), for turning any value into a hash; and equal? ( value1 value0 -- equal? ), for testing the equality of any pair of values.
Nice!
Man in Space

Post by Man in Space »

I have successfully acquired a new OtterBox.