My Present Project

Almea and the Incatena
willm

Re: My Present Project

Post by willm »

Oh, well. I'll try out making one, then. The one posted above looks a little distorted in Jagai and Šočya.
Arzena

Post by Arzena »

So stoked by the idea of an Almea Vicky 3 mod o.0
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Veteran of the 1st ZBB 2006-2018
CA TX NYC
willm

Post by willm »

Arzena wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:28 pm So stoked by the idea of an Almea Vicky 3 mod o.0
I don't have Vicky 3--I doubt it would run well on my computer--and Vicky 2 is what I'm familiar with modding anyway, which is why I'd choose it.
mocha

Post by mocha »

willm wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:50 am
Arzena wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:28 pm So stoked by the idea of an Almea Vicky 3 mod o.0
I don't have Vicky 3--I doubt it would run well on my computer--and Vicky 2 is what I'm familiar with modding anyway, which is why I'd choose it.
As long as I set every graphical setting to minimum, and never zoom in on the map, sometimes I can get a whopping 20 FPS in V3!
Arzena

Post by Arzena »

I've only played Vicky 2 once and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to see how this project goes!!
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

CA TX NYC
Arzena

Post by Arzena »

mocha wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:45 am
As long as I set every graphical setting to minimum, and never zoom in on the map, sometimes I can get a whopping 20 FPS in V3!
I feel bad for my computer when I hear the fan start to buzz real fast >.<

CA TX NYC
mocha

Post by mocha »

Good news and bad news:

Bad news: It's still broken in Victoria 2.

Good news: It will work in the next update of Project Alice! (Allegedly coming out this weekend)

Last edited by mocha on Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alice

Post by alice »

mocha wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:30 pm It will work in the next update of Project Alice!
Is this something I should know about?
I can no longer come up with decent signatures.
mocha

Post by mocha »

alice wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:20 am
mocha wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:30 pm It will work in the next update of Project Alice!
Is this something I should know about?
It's an open-source implementation of Victoria 2 that's making stunning progress: https://github.com/schombert/Project-Alice.

It requires the base game files to run (until they replace the art assets), but runs very fast, has most of V2's features, and even some improvements (like the globe view).
mocha

Post by mocha »

This mod runs on Project Alice 0.8.6 without errors, it seems.

... but there's lot of missing content before I'd consider this playable.

Guess I'm gonna have to start working on this again.
mocha

Post by mocha »

Apparently I forgot to post this, but:

https://github.com/Mocha2007/mocha_verd ... .1.1-alpha

Here we go. It's playable, but doesn't have a lot of content. I haven't touched it in three months though, and I don't plan on touching it again for a while, I'm afraid.