Obenzayet verbs

Almea and the Incatena
So Haleza Grise

Obenzayet verbs

Post by So Haleza Grise »

Proto-Eastern grammar wrote:There are patterns to Eastern irregular verbs that allow a somewhat daring recontruction of the so-called simple forms. We find reflexes of these forms in (e.g.) Caďinor and Obenzayet irregular forms, in the abbreviated Axunašin imperative, in certain fossilized expressions in Cuêzi.
Are there irregularities in the verbs in the Obenzayet grammar? I can see some irregularities in nouns, and in the verb sahä but not elsewhere. It's possible that I'm not looking hard enough.
zompist
Site Admin

Re: Obenzayet verbs

Post by zompist »

So Haleza Grise wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:03 pm Are there irregularities in the verbs in the Obenzayet grammar? I can see some irregularities in nouns, and in the verb sahä but not elsewhere. It's possible that I'm not looking hard enough.
You're not missing anything... the Proto-Eastern page basically goes back to the early 1990s, while the Obenzayet grammar wasn't done till 2021. It's hard to keep all this stuff consistent.

But who knows, maybe more irregular verbs will be discovered. :)
So Haleza Grise

Post by So Haleza Grise »

zompist wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:06 pm
So Haleza Grise wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:03 pm Are there irregularities in the verbs in the Obenzayet grammar? I can see some irregularities in nouns, and in the verb sahä but not elsewhere. It's possible that I'm not looking hard enough.
You're not missing anything... the Proto-Eastern page basically goes back to the early 1990s, while the Obenzayet grammar wasn't done till 2021. It's hard to keep all this stuff consistent.

But who knows, maybe more irregular verbs will be discovered. :)
There are probably other Naviu languages kicking around anyways! :)

Something else I thought to ask - I know that pE was created (essentially) 'backwards' - but did you ever find yourself going back to it and creating a new root for pE that then turns up in most/all of the daughter languages, including Verdurian?
zompist
Site Admin

Post by zompist »

So Haleza Grise wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:28 pm Something else I thought to ask - I know that pE was created (essentially) 'backwards' - but did you ever find yourself going back to it and creating a new root for pE that then turns up in most/all of the daughter languages, including Verdurian?
Yes, at least at first. Not so much recently, because the stock of pE words is pretty solid. I'm working on Tžuro right now and I have had to create a fair number of Southern roots.