Who is most familiar with OpenType features?

Conworlds and conlangs
Ahzoh

Re: Who is most familiar with OpenType features?

Post by Ahzoh »

Richard W wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:57 pmDid you investigate where they failed? I can see a number of possibilities:
It's just that editing things involving CSS (that aren't text in-line CSS tags like <table> <cell> and <big>) aren't allowed on ordinary webpages, perhaps because it could lead to website security violations. So it would make sense that I would not be able to anything involving the <style type="text/css"> tag

The only wiki-wide common.css is this one but you can't edit it. Maybe user specific common.css might do the trick but it might have unintended consequences such as accidentally making the whole wiki's text bigger, which actually happened.

There's also this comment regarding displaying fonts through css:
I'm pretty sure font tags don't work, so it needs to be CSS like that. Mind you, it's a very un-wiki way to do things. —Muke Tever | ✎ 18:33, 3 December 2007 (PST)
I'm not sure if that's taken to be a warning or discouragement or general comment...
Ahzoh

Post by Ahzoh »

Ok, the user/common.css works and my font shows up, but, my font doesn't show for anybody else, so that's greatly disappointing
Attachments
doyouseeit.png
doyouseeit.png (18.39 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
cedh

Post by cedh »

Ahzoh wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:54 pm Ok, the user/common.css works and my font shows up, but, my font doesn't show for anybody else, so that's greatly disappointing
But this means it will probably work if Muke adds your style declarations to the main Common.css file. I'd suggest you go and ask him...