Sindarin Discussion Thread

Conworlds and conlangs
tiramisu

Sindarin Discussion Thread

Post by tiramisu »

Gelion Edhellen a aníron le pheded. Neledh aduiail geliannen Edhellen. Te post vaer e-work. Gopedathodh Edhellen sannin?
Te meren, i Sindarin! Te sui ae Tolkien anírant peniad mutations po bethath sui newb conlanging.

I'm learning Elvish and I want to practice it. I've studied Elvish for 3 nights. It's a nice break from work. Will you speak Elvish with me?
It's interesting, Sindarin is! It's as if Tolkien wanted to put mutations on every word like a conlanging newb.
Xwtek

Re: Sindarin Discussion Thread

Post by Xwtek »

I think that this should be in https://www.verduria.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20. If it's restricted to conlang one made, then probably we should expand this thread to any popular conlang.
IPA of my name: [xʷtɛ̀k]

Favourite morphology: Polysynthetic, Ablaut
Favourite character archetype: Shounen hero
foxcatdog

Post by foxcatdog »

Wouldn't this thread be better suited for the discussion of sindarin and other elvish languages (perhaps even the non tolkienian ones but i don't know much about them). I just thought the title implied this meaning more. Also we already have the conlang fluency thread.
tiramisu

Post by tiramisu »

Alright. I'll look elsewhere for people to practice Sindarin with, then.
zompist
Site Admin

Post by zompist »

Belated response... I consulted Fiona Jallings, who's written a textbook on Neo-Sindarin, and she suggests the Vinye Lambengolmor Discord server for practice:

https://bit.ly/2sglBcm
tiramisu

Post by tiramisu »

Thanks, zomp! I gave up looking for truly active venues (and therefore gave up trying Sindarin), so maybe I'll check it out and re-Sindarin.