Conlang Conference

Conworlds and conlangs
pplanchon

Conlang Conference

Post by pplanchon »

The second International Conference on Constructed Languages (icon2024) will offer a forum dedicated to multidisciplinary research on constructed languages.

The Conference is organized by Laboratoire Ligérien de Linguistique (LLL - UMR 7270, University of Orléans, University of Tours, BnF, CNRS).

Date and place of the conference: Orléans, France, July 2024, 4-5th

Deadline for proposals: 15 February 2024

For more information, please visit the website : https://icon2024.sciencesconf.org/?lang=en
Man in Space

Re: Conlang Conference

Post by Man in Space »

Huh. They’re lowering the passport lag times here in Eagle Land. Perhaps I should try.

Is a talk in English acceptable or is another language required?
pplanchon

Post by pplanchon »

A talk in English is acceptable. It can also be in French (it's a possibility, not a requirement).
French and English will be the languages used in the Conference.
Vilike

Post by Vilike »

Non-academia conlangers are invited to present posters about their own creations.

(I am crafting two proposals, will see what sticks).
Yaa unák thual na !
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Vilike wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:51 pm Non-academia conlangers are invited to present posters about their own creations.
Are you involved in planning this conference too? I got the impression that it’s specifically for research about conlangs and conlanging, rather than presenting the conlangs themselves (which, after all, would be of limited academic interest).
Conlangs: Scratchpad | Texts | antilanguage
Software: See http://bradrn.com/projects.html
Other: Ergativity for Novices

(Why does phpBB not let me add >5 links here?)
Ahzoh

Post by Ahzoh »

Vilike wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:51 pm Non-academia conlangers are invited to present posters about their own creations.

(I am crafting two proposals, will see what sticks).
Hmm, maybe I can present my conlang Vrkhazhian...
Vilike

Post by Vilike »

bradrn wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:23 pm
Are you involved in planning this conference too? I got the impression that it’s specifically for research about conlangs and conlanging, rather than presenting the conlangs themselves (which, after all, would be of limited academic interest).
Am not, but I'm in a Discord server with one whose professor is an organiser. Also:
An additional poster session will be organised to present the creation of new constructed languages, and we invite all conlangers to send us their proposal accordingly, whether they are students, researchers, or any person who works outside of the academic field.
Yaa unák thual na !
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Vilike wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:19 pm Am not, but I'm in a Discord server with one whose professor is an organiser. Also:
An additional poster session will be organised to present the creation of new constructed languages, and we invite all conlangers to send us their proposal accordingly, whether they are students, researchers, or any person who works outside of the academic field.
Ooh, very interesting, thanks! I may well see if I can go.

pplanchon

Extended deadline

Post by pplanchon »

FYI - Extended deadline for proposals : 10 March 2024

The second International Conference on Constructed Languages (icon2024) will offer a forum dedicated to multidisciplinary research on constructed languages.

The Conference is organized by Laboratoire Ligérien de Linguistique (LLL - UMR 7270, University of Orléans, University of Tours, BnF, CNRS).

Date and place of the conference: Orléans, France, July 2024, 4-5th

For more information, please visit the website :
https://icon2024.sciencesconf.org/?lang=en
bradrn

Post by bradrn »

Quick question: for the poster session I was thinking it might be interesting to discuss my Akana reconstruction efforts. (I probably wouldn’t have enough material for a talk by July.) But is the poster session specifically reserved for conlangs, or is it open to more broad research such as this?

(If it isn’t, I still have a conlang I could submit in any case.)