Ajjamah Scratchpad: Kaadhral, Pt. I

Conworlds and conlangs
Pedant

Re: Ajjamah Scratchpad: Bithrael

Post by Pedant »

Well, that made for an interesting year. 6,000 words made, but only one language brought to over 1,000. Over 300,000 words written on various stories, none of which I can sell.
My name means either "person who trumpets minor points of learning" or "maker of words." That fact that it means the latter in Sindarin is a demonstration of the former. Beware.
Spell Merchant | Patreon
Pedant

Re: Ajjamah Scratchpad: Climate Map

Post by Pedant »

An updated map, both of climates and the world at large!
My name means either "person who trumpets minor points of learning" or "maker of words." That fact that it means the latter in Sindarin is a demonstration of the former. Beware.
Spell Merchant | Patreon
Zju

Re: Ajjamah Scratchpad: New Climate Map

Post by Zju »

Did you use any simulation for the latest climate map, or did you just follow basic principles? E.g. from Geoff's climate cook book.
/j/ <j>

Ɂaləɂahina asəkipaɂə ileku omkiroro salka.
Loɂ ɂerleku asəɂulŋusikraɂə seləɂahina əɂətlahɂun əiŋɂiɂŋa.
Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ.
Pedant

Re: Ajjamah Scratchpad: New Climate Map

Post by Pedant »

Zju wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:20 pm Did you use any simulation for the latest climate map, or did you just follow basic principles? E.g. from Geoff's climate cook book.
Just basic principles, I’m afraid—I don’t have a computer with enough storage to run a simulation. But I used a couple of sites and compared the methods, mainly derived from a rather nice place called Worldbuilding Pasta, and did what I could starting with the elevation map.
Spell Merchant | Patreon
Pedant

Re: Ajjamah Scratchpad: Kaadhral Pt. I

Post by Pedant »

For your perusal, a new short story set in Ajjamah. I’m trying to work on a new style of story, so please do feel absolutely free to rip it to shreds…
Spell Merchant | Patreon
foxcatdog

Re: Ajjamah Scratchpad: Kaadhral, Pt. I

Post by foxcatdog »

Seems very vague with all its reference to peoples and things a reader would be unfamiliar with. The plot feels slightly disjointed but it is well written.
Pedant

Re: Ajjamah Scratchpad: Kaadhral, Pt. I

Post by Pedant »

foxcatdog wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:10 pm Seems very vague with all its reference to peoples and things a reader would be unfamiliar with. The plot feels slightly disjointed but it is well written.
This is fantastic! Thank you so much indeed! I shall definitely have to find a way either to simplify or explain matters, or possibly both at the same time. Hmmm…
Spell Merchant | Patreon