Irikad and Qorbuch: are they real natlangs?

Natural languages and linguistics
Hominid

Irikad and Qorbuch: are they real natlangs?

Post by Hominid »

I just came across these languages on Reddit:

https://sites.google.com/view/irikad-qo ... authuser=0
https://www.omniglot.com/writing/qorbuch.htm

It seems they're being passed as natlangs, but there's very little information about them. Are they conlangs?
Zju

Re: Irikad and Qorbuch: are they real natlangs?

Post by Zju »

Given that info about them is mostly available on that google website and that it contains phrases such as "constantly updated" and "More to come soon ...", I'm pretty sure they're conlangs. That website also references the city of Şəmkir as a place where they're spoken, but searching for that plus either language doesn't turn up anything.
/j/ <j>

Ɂaləɂahina asəkipaɂə ileku omkiroro salka.
Loɂ ɂerleku asəɂulŋusikraɂə seləɂahina əɂətlahɂun əiŋɂiɂŋa.
Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ. Hərlaɂ.
Pabappa

Post by Pabappa »

uh oh ... it looks like they managed to fool the Portuguese Wikipedia. Anyone want to bring this up there? I'd do it but I dont have much command of Spanish, let along Portuguese, so I'd look like a fool stumbling about telling them they've got everything wrong.

edit: i should add that this wont be easy since it seems to have been "known" that its a hoax for at least 2 yrs, per https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discuss%C ... ua_qorbuch .
Karch

Post by Karch »

Irikad and Qorbuch are complete bullshit. I watched the drama unfold - the person who purported to speak them (because all the purported "speakers" were just alts of one person) often said stuff that was obviously made up (e.g. Irikad's "germanic roots") - and even claimed to be a North Korean refugee afterwards (this of course directly contradicted the whole Irikad thing).
Zpaf kkuñb ñvneahttiñ wqxirftvn meof ñfañhsit.
Kkuñb ñvzxirf kvtañb kkuñf ñtmeaq sfañkqeanth.
Yvnmuq. Yvnmuq. Yvnmuq. Yvnmuq. Yvnmuq. Yvnmuq. Yvnmuq.
missals

Post by missals »

Just another badly-done hoax. On Reddit /r/linguistics was nearly duped by several of them over the past few months, including one called Luxun. Irikad was posted to the subreddit sometime last year I think.

There's also that Focurc guy, who writes (possibly a garbled version of) Scots in an exotic orthography that mashes determiners, adverbs, etc onto nouns and verbs and claims it's a "daughter language of Scots" and a "polysynthetic Germanic language" spoken in his town in Scotland. But he insists all of his neighbors are so incredibly embarrassed and humiliated by speaking this language that he'll never be able to get a recording of anyone besides himself speaking it.
Pabappa

Post by Pabappa »

The Wikipedia article has now been deleted. It may have been someone here who helped ... if so , thank you.